If you’re looking to delete your UPS account, you might be wondering if it’s possible and how long it will take. The good news is that canceling your UPS account online is simple enough. It takes no more than a few minutes to complete.
But there are also some caveats you should be aware of before you jump in and do it yourself. Especially if you have an annual subscription or multiple locations using your account information. To help answer any questions about deleting your UPS account, we’ve responded to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
What is a UPS account?
UPS is a company that provides delivery of packages, documents, and more. It’s one of three major delivery companies (FedEx and DHL) that offers similar services internationally. Many people may feel there is not much difference between the UPS account and USPS(United States Postal Service) Account and have a wrong impression that they are similar. If you need to set up an account or delete an account, follow and learn from our guide.
How to delete your UPS account?
You may have an account with UPS because you make frequent deliveries as part of your business. Or you’re still using them to ship packages because it’s the only company available in your area. If you no longer need that UPS account, it’s time to delete it and find another shipping company to work with instead. Here’s how to delete your UPS account and start fresh with a new company instead:
- Visit their official website link ups.com.
- Log in to your UPS account
- Enter your Email or User Id
- Now enter your password to login
- A new page will appear where you will find your username on the top right side.
- Hold the cursor on the username.
- In the dropdown menu, you will find the “My Information” option
- Select “My Information”
- Now, click “Delete my Profile.”
- A popup message instantly appears on your screen “Are you sure?”
Click yes to confirm that you want to delete your account.
How to delete UPS accounts through their Website?
- You can delete your ups account through their Website by clicking on the MY ACCOUNT tab.
- Then click on the login or Sign up button. It will direct you to a page where you have entered all your details like user name, password, zip code, etc.
- Then, click on the Update My Information option.
- Next, click on the Delete Account button to delete UPS Account from their database.
- It would take a few minutes for deleting ups account once you submit an official request form for it online.
Delete UPS account from their Customer service
You have no choice but to request deletion of your UPS account by contacting UPS customer service. The best way is via phone:
- Call 1-888-742-5877 (Mon – Fri, 8 am – 5 pm ET).
- Choose Option 6 when prompted.
- Say that you want to delete your My Choice profile and your shipping information on file with UPS.
That is technically a profile update in which you’re changing essential details about yourself. You should hear something about what options are available.
For instructions on deleting a UPS account using their Website, please click here.
How to delete a UPS account by Email?
- Go to your email account associated with the UPS website.
- Next, please write an email to request them to delete your account.
- Now at the top of the page, enter the email address [email protected].
- Write the subject “Request to delete my account.”
- Now compose an email with detailed information on why you want to delete your account.
- Send the Email to the address, and wait for their feedback.
Why do you want to delete your UPS account?
Deactivate, Terminate or Delete a UPS account is common practice, especially when someone is moving out of their place, and thus there is no need for package delivery services.
But deleting an account with them doesn’t mean you can’t use their services anymore. If you change your mind, then all you have to do is reactivate it and even sign up with a new address which means that you won’t have any other problems using their services later on.
How to cancel the UPS business account?
Ensure you have your customer number, username/password, and any other relevant information handy, as you will be asked for these details.
To cancel your UPS account:
- Go to the Administration tab.
- Click the Cancel Enrolment link from the upper right corner of the page.
- You will be asked to provide a reason for terminating your UPS account.
- If you cancel your UPS account, you will no longer be able to access UPS Online Tools.
How to delete a UPS Address?
Deletion requires a 30-day notice for residential addresses and 60 days for commercial addresses. We recommend addressing the forwarded mail adequately because you’ll need to direct it from another service provider.
You should also confirm that the address change won’t affect anyone who uses your shipping address. The removal process can take anywhere from a week to three months. So remember, it will probably be faster if there are no significant issues.
However, ups don’t provide information about how long it takes them to delete an account except regarding membership agreements. So make sure you have time available before beginning.
What happens if you delete your UPS account?
If you delete your UPS account, you will lose all its information. That includes your shipping and billing addresses, payment methods, and email preferences. So if you think that maybe I will need my UPS account again one day, it’s probably not worth deleting it. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from mailing lists, which may be worth considering if your inbox gets overwhelmed with Emails from UPS.
If you are a UPS, My Choice member, removing your account from the system will terminate all membership benefits. You will no longer be able to receive text or email messages from UPS, view shipment details in your dashboard, manage deliveries, or change delivery preferences and location.
If you want to re-join in the future, you can do so by following the signup process. Your new membership will begin immediately after signing up.
How many delivery attempts does UPS make?
It depends on several factors, such as where you live and whether there’s a signature required for delivery. You can read more about how many delivery attempts it takes here. Just keep in mind that UPS does not guarantee or promise three shots.
No rule says a company has to make three attempts, and one never-ending effort is certainly not considered an acceptable level of service from a major package delivery company. You won’t receive any packages if you’re unavailable for multiple delivery attempts (or nobody is home). It’s as simple as that.
If that happens, contact UPS and get your information removed from their database, so they stop trying to deliver packages to you.
How do you delete a UPS My Choice address?
You can also delete a My Choice address from within My Choice using these steps:
- Sign in to your account on ups.com.
- Click My Profile in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, click My Profile under My Profile on the left side of the page.
- Select Delete Account in the lower-left corner of the page.
- Click Continue to Next Step in the lower-right corner of the page.
FAQs on Delete UPS Account
How to update your ups profile?
Follow these steps to update or edit your profile information with UPS:
- First, visit their Website and create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Next, log in and click on My Profile from the left side of the page.
- Then you can view or update any existing information.
- Your contact information is essential and your pickup/delivery preferences.
- If there are any problems with a delivery, you will get updates here, too, so that they do not affect future deliveries and cancellations if necessary.
How to change your email address on UPS?
UPS is a package delivery company, which in most cases means you’ll do all of your business over Email. Unfortunately, that means when it’s time to cancel. You can’t just stop delivery. You also have to change your account information online.
Fortunately, changing your info on UPS is quick and easy. Click here for help deleting or updating any part of your email address or password on UPS.
Can I track exactly where my package is?
The United Parcel Service, aka UPS, is a package delivery company servicing American homes. At the same time, it’s not quite as big as Federal Express or US Mail. Their customer service is still quick and reliable. While there may be times when you want to delete your ups account with them, here’s how to delete ups account for good. Once it’s gone, there are no second chances!
How do I change my UPS ID?
UPS has a lot of benefits for businesses, including low rates and package tracking. While these services are relatively easy to understand, using them correctly is another story.
Conclusion on Delete UPS Account
If you’re not sure how to delete an ID from your UPS account or change shipping options, many online resources can help walk you through it. Knowing how they work before fully committing to anything is essential as with any business-related service.
After all, nothing is worse than having a package shipped under an old ID! A little bit of research up front can go a long way toward making sure things run smoothly later.