Aging is a systematic biological change in an organism that raises the risk of disease, death, and weakness. Both physiological changes in our bodies and environmental factors exposed to lead to aging. As time goes by, aging occurs in a cell, organ or whole organism. Every living thing has to pass through the process. The study of the aging process is called gerontology.
Factors That Accelerate Aging
Smoking harms the organs of your body, both the smallest and the most significant organs. There are fewer elastin and collagen fibers in the skin of those who smoke. Lack of enough fibre will make the skin more rigid and less elastic. The smoke of cigarettes has toxins that affect the quality of the skin. The toxin in the smoke gives way to wrinkles, skin conditions and premature aging. Being aware of the impacts of smoking on your skin will help in motivating a smoker to stop smoking.
Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen the skin receives since it narrows blood vessels. The production of free radial increases while the level of vitamin A is also lowered in the skin due to smoking, leading to premature aging of the skin.
Being overweight increases metabolic imbalances as well as accelerates aging. Chronic inflammation of aging is caused by excess visceral fat tissue.
Stress, whether physical or emotional stress is a way of affecting our bodies. Long-term stress has a way of wearing down our bodies, leading to premature aging. Chronic stress produces hormones that age our immune systems and brains and increase inflammation. The high amounts of cortisol and stress hormones can break down the skin’s collagen and elastin, accelerating the formation of wrinkles. Stress also leads to illnesses like high blood pressure and memory loss, most found in older people.
Loneliness has an unhealthy effect on you as time goes by. It contributes to the aging of your body and wearing and tearing of stress. Loneliness can cause stress then, leading to a lack of sleep. Lack of sleep may accelerate your body’s aging and expose one to health problems that are mainly associated with aging.
The aging process will be accelerated when exposed to environmental factors that damage the cellular macromolecules. Chronic inflammatory and infectious diseases, ultraviolet radiation and oxidative stress supportive chemicals are among the environmental factors that accelerate the aging process. Environmental pollutants can trigger wrinkles and pigment spots which are signs of aging.
Our skin barriers are exposed to toxins and pollutants, which may accelerate every day because the skin is always in direct contact with air.
Top Procedures to be Younger
- Cosmetic Procedures
Many cosmetic procedures will make one look younger.
- Eyebrows botox lift : This procedure lifts the tissues around the eyebrows. Permanent make-up will make you look younger since the problem will be tackled.
- Forehead treatment: While aging, volume loss in the face must be created, resulting in temporal hollows. Filling these temporal hollows through aesthetic procedures will enhance your facial expression, making you look younger.
- Nasolabial: Wrinkles in the nasolabial and deep marionette lines are signs of facial aging. Going through volumizing dermal fillers treatment will make one look younger since collagen production will be stimulated, minimizing wrinkles.
- Augmentation of the chin: Our chin tends to sag and lengthens as we grow older. A long chin or a short chin can be rectified by fillers, making you look younger than you are.
- Spa procedures
Here are some spa procedures that will make you look and stay young for a long time.
- Youth revitalize facial; This procedure may not reduce your age, but it may make you look younger by repairing some of the damages caused by aging. As time goes by, our skin loses the ability to produce collagen. The production of collagen takes place in the dermis. Some changes can be made in the dermis through youth revitalizing facials. Ths Youth Revitalize Facial improves hydration in the skin, tightens and lifts the skin, increase collagen and elastin production and other benefits that will make your face look younger.
- Microdermabrasion and hydration infusion
- Hormone therapy
Hormone therapy is among the medical treatment for aging. This procedure involves the introduction of some hormones in the body that are produced in small amounts during the aging process. The primary and commonly used hormones in hormone replacement therapy are progesterone and estrogen. Estrogen helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the skin and accelerate the rate of hair growth, making you look younger than your actual age.
The functions of our organs and tissues have maintained the hormones produced in the pituitary gland. As we grow older, the pituitary glands tend to produce fewer hormones. When the body no longer produces enough hormone, synthetic HGH therapy for adults helps maintain our body’s activeness when we are aging.
Therefore, this procedure improves the emotions and behaviors, making an appositive change in their body. Going through Psychotherapy will make you look young since you will experience fewer medical problems, and if you get sick, your sick days will be fewer.
- Ozone therapy
We are primarily concerned about the external aging sign and ignore the internal aging signs. Ozone therapy is a natural medicine that helps repair damaged cells, tissues and even organs. It is also used to strengthen the weak organ, making you feel and look younger. The ozone therapy takes place inside our bodies; the outcomes are seen on the inside and the outside.
Few habits to stay active and positive
- Eat healthily
When you eat healthily, you are guaranteed to get the energy you need to stay active and positive the whole day since you will get the nutrients you need for growth and repair. It will also prevent you from having diet-related illnesses.
- Cardio and stretching
Stretching improves your productivity in physical activities since it prepares your muscles for any activity. Cardio exercise strengthens your heart so you can perform any activity. Since the two workouts get the heart bite and the blood flow faster, endorphins are released to make you stay active and positive.
- Don’t stop learning.
If you always want to learn more and more, you will always stay active and positive in life. Learning helps you learn new skills and strategies, making you active.
- Have a goal
Having a goal in life will help you stay focused and active to achieve them.