Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a cost-effective way to generate more traffic to your online business. But search engines are continually rolling updates that digital marketers risk falling behind if they don’t keep up.
Though SEO trends are continually evolving, search engines like Google only have one goal; a positive user experience. This means relevant and high-quality content, plus effortless user navigation in your website. If you focus your digital marketing strategy on creating the best experience for your site visitors, you will never go wrong.
Top 5 SEO Trends To Leverage In 2021 and Beyond
Focus On User Intent
SEO is no longer about manipulating Google’s ranking algorithms. According to Google’s Panda update, it is about giving your visitors high-quality content. You can achieve this in many ways:
- Understand your reader to deliver content that addresses their needs.
- Follow Google’s E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) Principle as you craft content.
- Do a Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Analysis for your keywords to see how users consume that content and figure out how to outrank the competitors.
- Use a keyword research tool to help you see user intent for the search query.
According to Google Search Central, when two pages have the same relevant content, the page with the best experience ranks higher. In line with that, Google’s latest update on Core Web Vitals is a must-do.
- Reduce your page load time. Try compressing files, reducing redirects, and using a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Ensure visual stability as a page renders.
- Aim for a First Input Delay (FID) of below 100milliseconds.
- Limit popup ads and other barriers to content access.
- Mobile responsive website design.
Optimize for Voice Search
As technology advances to perfect voice recognition technology with voice assistants and smart speakers, digital marketers have to incorporate Voice search results in their SEO strategy. According to a Statista Report in 2017, 31% of smartphone owners worldwide used voice search at least once every week. Forget keyword stuffing. Instead, try using natural language (long-tail keywords) to give direct answers to questions conversationally. Conversational answers are more specific to user requests.
Zero-Click Searches and Local SEO
A zero-click search provides the user with answers in a featured snippet at the top of the SERP such that the user does not need to click any further. Most zero-click searches are local searches, which makes Local SEO very important. Use snippets and cards like tables, lists, videos, and others to optimize for zero-search engines.
Local SEO is optimizing your content to target a specific local community. You can start Local SEO by creating a Google My Business profile with a strong backlink profile.
Leverage Data Analytics
Data science will help your business gain insight and patterns on user behavior, SEO performance, marketing campaigns performance, and website performance. User data analysis is essential for your business to stay relevant, competitive, and efficient. Analytics show you metrics like conversion rates, bounce rates, indexing, referral sources, and more. Using an SEO analytics tool, you can make informed decisions on your SEO and marketing strategy.
SEO is always evolving and getting more complex. If you desire to rank higher, but you don’t have the expertise, you can hire a top-rated Dallas SEO Agency. You need the right knowledge and expertise to stay ahead of your competitors and make more sales while at it.