Have you been planning to dress up your table, especially before the guests start to arrive? Well, table runners will be that easy step for you to use. These runners are now available in various materials, sizes and colors. There are various guidelines for you to follow with the table runners now, but you even have the right to use these runners in the most creative way you want, just to make the entire look a little less traditional and more modern in some ways. Let’s see how to enhance the elegance level of your table with the help of a table runner.
The traditional guidelines you know:
Most of the time, the typical table runner must hang from each portion of the table, where the end falls. This is considered to be quite pleasing esthetically than a runner, which will stop where the table ends or it gets a bit shorter than the table.
- The hanging amount needs to be equal on both the sides and it might vary, depending on the current length of the tablecloth.
- Standard version of the tablecloth drop can be anywhere from 6 to 12 inches. In case you are planning to use a runner with tablecloth, then the drop length must be same for both these options.
- On the other hand, the width of the runner must be around 1/3 of the table’s width and it is used when running lengthwise.
- On the other hand, for those table runners, which are placed across width of the table, the runner must be narrower or around 1/4th of the table’s width.
- In case you are dealing with a runner, which is a bit shorter than the size of the table, then it has to be significantly shorter. Then you can use it under the centerpiece.
Always determine the right size of the runners:
It is mandatory for you to measure the width and length of the table before you plan to buy a table runner. After you have taken the measurements, add a minimum of 12 inches and a maximum of 24 inches to the measurement of the length. It helps you to determine the right size of the runner that works best for that particular chosen table. Always work on the width measurements too of the table and then select a runner with the width measurement, which is around one-third of the size.
The standard sizes to follow:
Most of these runners are available in various standard widths and some of those are 10, 12, 14, 15 inches, and more. The standard lengths will be somewhat like 54, 72, 108, and 92 inches. In case you have one dining table, which are around 84 inches long and around 42 inches wide, then you have to get a table runner with the dimensions of around 14 inches by 108 inches.
So, waste no time further and get in touch with the best runner, which will not just match the size with the table but also available in various color combinations and multitude of designs. It will help you to get the best services, to enhance the look and value of the table even more.