The appetite of shoppers for convenience food, especially in the fast-paced environment in which they work, shows no sign of slowing down. Thus, retailers have responded with solution that encourage the consumer to eat well, even if the time to cook is restricted. The solution is shelf-stable meals.
What is a Shelf-Stable Food?
Shelf-stable products can stay in the shop or house shelf for a long period without spoiling. These products may be kept in the pantry and do not need cooling, unopened and in their enclosed containers or wrapping. These products can be found in the grocery store’s canned food section. It is also necessary to bear in mind that such products would require cooling until opened in some quantity remaining. Moreover, shelf-stable meals are good to add in Emergency Food Supply Kits.
Examples of Shelf-Stable Food
Here are some examples of shelf-stable food you must have in your house:
Canned fish is a perfect example of shelf-stable food, unlike fresh food, it can take a long time to carry on the same nutritional advantages. Sardines are a canned fish, which deserves a place in your kitchen. They are safe, have an outstanding omega-3, vitamin D and other nutritional supply, and amazing taste.
For hundreds of years dried peas, chickpeas, and beans have become worldwide protein staples. Pulses contain natural protein and fiber, which are cost-effective choices for keeping the family healthy. Secure, nourishing, and never fail to be flexible, they are important food anytime you need an easy-to-turn protein.
Pistachios are a decent source of plant protein among the higher-protein snacks. They include 6 grams per serving. They are flexible and can be used to provide important nutrients. Try one of the flavored types, or Wonderful Pistachios Salt & Pepper that come in the shell, if you’re done of normal pistachios. Adults and kids will have fun breaking them off.
4. Wheat Berries
Not necessarily what you assume is a protein meal, but just 1⁄4 cups (1⁄2 cup cooked) of this uncooked noodle grain are filled with 7 g of protein and 9 g of fiber. It’s a good one-two combination of nutrients. Wheat berries are tasty and coated with nuts, fried in chocolate butter. In soups, salads, and chilis, use them.
Benefits of Consuming Shelf-Stable Food
- Shelf-Stable Food is valuable for people residing in rural regions where obtaining fresh produce is a little challenge.
- If you have no time to go to the supermarket to buy some fresh food, they are handy.
- Occasionally we buy fresh food and never prepare it because it ends up in the garbage. You can consume any cans of food whenever you like without spoilage.
Things to Consider
- Consider buying eggs and dried fruits if you have refrigeration in your house. These protein sources are flexible, excellent and inexpensive and can be kept fresh for a long period in the refrigerator.
- Respect food safety when buying packaged goods from your grocery stores or neighborhood shops. Never use processed products that have aged or have defects, such as twigs or bulges.
- Stable foods provide numerous opportunities to save money and provide the family with home-made recipes that are delicious and healthy for them.
- The usage of such items for meals can be enjoyable and offer those who wish to stretch their food dollars more or want to equip for emergencies throughout the year.
Get Emergency Food Supply Kits from Packaged Meal Kit
At Packaged Meal Kit, we offer emergency food supply kits for you and your family members. We also offer Breakfast mates, which include rice, milk and spoon varieties, identical to the Breakfast on the Run line from Ralston Purina.