Do you dream of getting married on a yacht and are not sure what it takes to live the reality of your dreams? Worry not because this article will cover everything you need to know. It will also cover the tips involved in planning that elegant and luxurious event. First, you should be aware most yachts have different all-inclusive packages that are affordable to all. Besides affordability, they also offer additional options like massage services, catering services, among others.
Tips For Planning a Yacht Wedding
Below are some tips to consider while you plan on getting married on a yacht
Limit The Guest Number
Space on yachts, even for the mega ones, is limited. This calls for a few guests to accommodate the crew, decoration space, mingling, and ease of movement for all activities.
Accessibility and Additional Costs
In most cases, yachts have narrow corridors and steep staircases, as you plan to ensure all your guests can easily have access, including the elderly and those with disabilities. Additional costs like fueling, permits, and extended time on water could result in spending more than expected. Be sure to cover this in your budget to avoid surprises.
Prepare For Seasickness
The sea is not a common venue for many guests, therefore prepare for seasickness appropriately. You can have a small area to cater to this. In such areas, include ginger and saltine crackers to keep the situation in check.
Prepare Well For The Weather
Ensure your guests dress appropriately for the stormy weather. Also, have a plan in case it rains.
The Photography Session
Plan for the bridal photos separately before the entire voyage because of the limited space.
Dealing With Paper Work
The legality of yacht marriages often comes with complications due to the necessary legal paperwork. Beforehand courthouse ceremonies tend to ease the difficulties which call for adequate preparation.
Pros and Cons of A Yacht wedding
- Affordability – This is one of the main advantages of getting married on a yacht. You get to make a one-time payment that caters to everything for your wedding. Most of the yachts offer affordable all-inclusive packages to choose from. For this reason, you also get value for your money.
- All-inclusive wedding packages – For most of the boat wedding packages, everything is catered for by the package. With such an arrangement, you get professional services from a single source. All the services included include catering, an in-house Dj, bartenders, linen, lighting, and cake provisions. This ensures a seamless flow for the entire event.
- Outstanding view – Tying the knot on the water gives an ecstatic view of the coastal and skyline horizons. Beautiful sunsets are also possible for evening weddings. In addition to the beautiful scenery, you get to keep lifetime memories from your wedding photos.
- The entire event in one venue – You get both the reception and the wedding ceremony in one place. With this, you don’t have to worry about the extra expenses involving transport logistics from one venue to the other.
- Limited space – Space in most yachts is limited unless you can afford to pay for a mega yacht. This also limits the number of guests and other ceremonial activities.
- Tough regulations – Getting married on a yacht has its fair share of tough regulations, including a limitation to the number of guests, strict schedules, and particular decorations. You and your visitors are also stuck on board until the end of the event unless you have emergency arrangements in place.
If you dream of getting married on a yacht, you will need to prepare adequately for this unique venue. You also don’t need to stress about the cost because of the availability of affordable packages by different event organizers who provides yacht wedding. Either way, it remains your big day, so go for it and enjoy the once in a lifetime moment.