When building a video-centric website, you need to know how to quickly build a WordPress theme using Bootstrap. Whether you need a portfolio website, an eCommerce platform, or a site promoting your educational services, a video theme will help you save a lot of time and effort thus streamlining your workflow. Videos are no longer only a source of entertainment, they are used for a variety of purposes instead. You may use them to promote your products and services, train your staff, and convey your company’s values. A video theme with a convenient layout will make your site easier to navigate. Read on to learn how you can create a perfect theme for your WordPress website using Bootstrap.
Reasons to Use Bootstrap
Besides being a completely free framework, Bootstrap has many advantages. Using it, you can create responsive websites easily. Due to its versatility, this framework is used by such companies as Nintendo and Spotify.
Here are the main reasons for using this framework:
- Bootstrap is perfect for mobile-optimized websites
- Everyone can edit the source code
- It allows for improving the site speed
- There are many WordPress templates for creating an interactive site
- Helpful community
- Compatible with many browsers
Using Bootstrap, you can quickly improve your website and make it more convenient to use. Thanks to it, it will be easier for your potential clients to see videos posted on your website. This framework is perfect for building sites with a responsive design that get ranked higher on search engines.
Main Features of a WordPress Bootstrap Video Theme
To make your site stand out among the rest, you need to use a custom theme with a clean design that allows users to quickly browse through the videos posted on your website. WordPress themes for lifestyle blogs and online magazines include galleries, a choice of page and post layouts, sliders, and video backgrounds. They should support different pagination types and have a convenient admin panel with advanced settings. Some themes also allow you to create parallax backgrounds and access a collection of Google Fonts.
Here are some other features that make WordPress themes stand out:
- Compatibility with third-party plugins
- Convenient page-building tools
- Revolution Slider
- Real-time customization options
- Integration with custom widgets
- Translation tools
- A choice of color themes
- Visually appealing 404 pages
- Video composer
- Social media buttons and footer blocks
- Customizable brand elements
- A range of homepage styles
If you have a travel blog where you post stories about your trips, you may need to learn how to edit GoPro videos to create engaging content. Depending on your needs, you can create custom solutions for your video gallery using Bootstrap. Read on to learn how to build a WordPress template with little to no experience.
How to Use Bootstrap for Building WordPress Themes
Before creating a new theme, make sure to back up your website to ensure that you will be able to restore it easily. Instead of editing the parent theme, create a new child theme and make your edits there. Visit here at dailynewarticle.com to read latest information on daily basis.
Follow these steps to create a WordPress theme:
- Download Bootstrap, unzip it, and connect it to your server using FTP;
- Open wp-content, then click Themes.
- Create a new folder for the files that you have unzipped.
- Open the style.css file and add several lines of the code to describe your theme. Indicate the name of your theme, the name and the URL of your company, and other information.
- Copy the code from bootstrap.min.css and add it to style.css.
Then, you need to set up and customize an HTML template by removing the top part of the code until the line with the div tag. Paste this part of the code into header.php. Add the rest to footer.php. Then, go to index.php and add the following lines:
<?php get_header(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>
The next thing that you should do is to add a Bootstrap stylesheet to header.php using the WordPress feature get_stylesheet_uri().
Import style.css into your site. Then, import js files of a template in the footer.php. It will allow you to change the style of your footer. You can further customize your theme to display featured posts.
Bootstrap allows you to further customize your video themes to improve the usability of your website. By mastering it, you can reach out to a wider audience and promote your services online.