When the orange light on the remote control for my Fire Stick started blinking, I had a lot of trouble figuring out why it was occurring and how to fix it so that it would work again.
After doing some investigation via the help forums for the Amazon Fire Stick, I was able to find multiple comments from members of the Amazon staff explaining exactly what this orange light indicates and how to fix it.
How to Stop the Orange Blinking on Your Fire Stick Remote
If the remote for your Fire Stick is blinking orange, this indicates that it has become trapped in discovery mode and is attempting to connect.
You will need to perform a factory reset on your remote by holding down the Back button, the Menu button (which appears as three horizontal bars), and the Left Navigation Circle button simultaneously for at least ten seconds. This will fix the issue.
You can really coerce the orange blinking light on your Fire Stick control to appear by pressing and holding the home button for approximately ten seconds. By doing so, you will manually activate the discovery mode on your remote.
But because you are here, I’m going to infer that you want it to come OUT of discovery mode. If that’s the case, then here are some more thorough steps on how to reset your remote.
Resetting the Fire Stick Remote to Factory Defaults
If the LED on your Fire Stick remote is blinking orange, follow the instructions below to correctly reset it to factory settings. This tutorial was provided straight from Amazon.
- At the very least ten seconds must be spent simultaneously pressing the Left Navigation Circle button, the Back button, and the Menu button, which consists of three horizontal bars.
- If you wait another minute and a half, the remote will reset to factory settings.
- After that, take out the batteries from your remote control and disconnect your Fire Stick from both the TV and the power adapter for a period of one minute.
- Make sure that your Fire Stick is reconnected to both the TV and the power adapter.
- Before replacing the batteries in the remote control, be sure that the Fire TV menu has fully loaded on the screen of your television.
- To reestablish connection with the remote, press and hold the Home button while you are still in the menu for the Fire TV. This will take forty seconds.
Avoid causing interference with other electronic devices.
- Your Fire Stick’s performance may suffer if it is used in close proximity to other electronic devices or home appliances that generate interference or are disrupted.
- Amazon recommends that you place your Fire Stick device in a location that is at least a few centimetres away from your television and any other electrical appliances.
- Just give it your best shot to prevent it from lying entirely flat on top of your television set.
In an ideal situation, there is some distance between them.
- A considerable distance separates you from the Fire Stick device.
- It is important for you to check that your remote control is within a distance of no more than three metres (approximately 10 feet) from your Fire Stick TV device.
- It is possible that you will experience signal problems if you attempt to use your remote from a distance larger than three metres.
- Simply get a little bit closer.
Read More on amazon website.