Varicose veins appear as the dark-coloured twisted veins that swell up due to blood accumulation. The swollen veins are visible raised above the skin surface. Varicose veins can develop anywhere in the body but are predominantly seen in the legs. Varicose veins are a serious concern beyond just looking like a cosmetic issue. It is a medical condition that needs treatment to prevent worsening and recurring.
What causes varicose veins to develop?
Varicose veins do not appear out of the blue, it is a gradual process. When the valves and the walls of the veins damage due to constant pressure, this disrupts the blood flow. Blood starts accumulating inside the veins instead of moving in one direction that the valves usually regulate. Due to poor functioning, the veins are unable to push the blood back towards the heart and reflux of blood happens. Over time, this results in the pooling of blood inside the veins and this causes the veins to enlarge and become visible.
Some of the major risk factors contributing to the forming of varicose veins include:
- Weakening of vein valves with age
- Being overweight
- Having an inactive and sedentary lifestyle
- Prolonged hours of sitting or standing
Take varicose veins seriously
Many people consider varicose veins to be a purely cosmetic problem that they can ignore or compromise with. However, since varicose veins develop due to impaired vein functioning, it makes them a medical concern as well. Varicose veins develop due to a medical condition called venous insufficiency and indicate that something is wrong with the vascular system.
If varicose veins are neglected for a long time, the underlying condition can become permanent and this is known as chronic venous insufficiency. Moreover, prolonged varicose veins can themselves result in a wide variety of complications.
Some of the common complications of untreated varicose veins are:
- Rupturing of the swollen veins- The accumulation of blood inside the veins strain the vein walls constantly and if the pressure exceeds the threshold, the veins can burst. This can lead to bruising and internal bleeding.
- Formation of blood clots inside the veins- Pooling of blood increases the chances of the blood cells clumping together to form blood clots inside the veins. This condition is called deep vein thrombosis and needs timely medical attention.
- Skin and vein ulcers- Prolonged varicose veins can cause the skin tissues to overstretch and thus makes them more prone to infections. Also, long term inflammation of the veins can lead to ulcer formation and you may notice a pus-like discharge due to venous ulcers.
- Damage to skin tissues- As varicose veins start bulging out, these irritate the skin surrounding them. The undesired stretch and warmth due to varicose veins make the skin damaged, itchy and in severe cases may lead to lipodermatosclerosis (hardening and stiffening of skin tissues).
- Change in the color of the skin- Skin discoloration is complicated related to varicose veins. In some cases the skin becomes hyperpigmented due to the prolonged condition of varicose veins.
After knowing about these complications must have made you clear that varicose veins are more than a cosmetic concern. This medical condition of vascular health needs a permanent solution in one time as they have a tendency to reappear.
Laser treatment- permanent solution of varicose veins
You can say goodbye to varicose veins once and for all through the advanced laser treatment. The modern laser treatment for varicose veins is a high-precision procedure that cures varicose veins permanently using pulses of laser energy.
The high-intensity laser energy seals off the ends of the damaged and swollen veins. As a result, blood starts flowing through healthier veins. Over time, the damaged veins collapse and eventually fade away in the absence of blood flow. Thus, laser varicose veins surgery not just helps you restore the aesthetics of the legs, but also saves you from any medical complications.
Other advantages of varicose veins laser treatment
- Provides relief from varicose veins actually in just one day
- Resolves varicose veins without any incisions, bleeding or pain
- Does not involve any risk of intraoperative or postoperative complications
- Offers a quick and problem-free recovery
If you are noticing the symptoms of varicose veins and are looking for a reliable vascular specialist to consult for the same, you can get in touch with Pristyn Care. They are one of the well-known healthcare providers in the country and have a great track record in treating varicose veins patients. Also, they use state-of-the-art medical techniques that are approved by USFDA, which makes their treatment even more safe and reliable.
Our sedentary lifestyle along with unhealthy eating habits increase the risk of varicose veins manifold.That is why leading an active and balanced diet is recommended for a healthy vascular system. When the early signs of varicose veins start surfacing, it becomes crucial to discuss it with the doctor and get a physical examination. Ruling out the severity of varicose veins and the well-suited treatment proves to be beneficial to remain safe from any unwanted and dreadful complication. Now that you know about the laser treatment and its benefits, treatment choice is even simpler to make without apprehensions.