Many of the business owners and homeowners are not familiar with the Porcelain tile which is a new variety of ceramic tile. Select the best product for your floor. Porcelain tile for floors is a fantastic option and homeowners should look at this new flooring material.
What are Porcelain Tiles?
Porcelain tiles are a type of ceramic tile that is made up of finer clay and baked at higher temperatures. They are thus tougher than any other ceramic tiles. The tile is ideal to be used where there is lot of traffic. Porcelain tiles are best suited for any commercial space. For home they are best utilized in flooring in a kitchen, washroom or basement. Porcelain tile is of the thickness as ceramic tile but it just heavier overall. It is available in various shapes and styles and hence people prefer this tile to other product.
Advantages of Porcelain Flooring Tiles
Many homeowners and businesses owners prefer to use porcelain flooring tiles for their home of businesses due to the benefits associated with it. The porcelain hallway tiles have many benefits and can be used in your interiors and exterior for your home of office.
- Life Span – Porcelain tiles have incredibly long lifespan when properly installed and maintained. In a residential area, they can last for more than 50 years is treated correctly. Thus, the initial investment for porcelain tile is worth it.
- Hygiene – Porcelain tiles are low porousness and this makes it easy to clean and disinfect. The tile is resistant to stain. You need not scrub them as they are easy to clean and keep hygienic. The floor makes it easy for busy household with kids and pets.
- Resistance – Porcelain tiles are highly resistant to damage as it is made of good clay. The tile is ideal for busy household and tough against pets, children, etc. The tile is less prone to breaking and is designed to hold up really well.
- Fireproof – Porcelain tiles are fireproof and hence it is immune to fires. The tile is also able to withstand and survive any smaller fires that occur within the kitchen.
Disadvantages of Porcelain Tiles
Everything is associated with advantages and disadvantages and before purchasing these tiles for home it is a good idea to take into account the disadvantages
- Weight – Ceramic tiles are lighter than porcelain tiles since they are made from a finer material. Though the tile has numerous benefits yet they are heavier than other tiles. The best part of this tile is that the weight of the tile affects the transportation and installation process only. After installation the weight of the tile will not impact the household life.
- Price – Porcelain tiles offer many benefits and these include resistance and lifespan, inspite of the tiles being costlier than others. The high quality means the cost of tile is higher. You get a goof flooring with this tile throughout your life.
- Installation – The installation process of these tiles is time-consuming and laborious. The tiles have long lifespan and resistant to damage.
Conclusion – Porcelain tiles have incredibly low maintenance in comparison to other tiles. They are resistant to stains and hence cleaning is made easy. The tile is a great option for a number of rooms in the house.