Ukraine is one of the best outsourcing destinations in the world. It is out of the question, even as the ongoing Russian aggression is directed at destroying the Ukrainian economy at large.
Ukrainian dedicated developers remain in high demand compared to the previous years and even make great strides as the world’s community recognizes the importance of supporting Ukraine as a democratic European country.
Let the facts speak. The Ukrainian IT sector has brought into the economy a record $2 billion in exports, compared to 1.44 billion in 2021. And it’s not that the customers have to sacrifice quality because Ukrainian teams have always been held in high regard in the world.
What other statistical insights can turn the attention of business owners towards the teams that originate from or reside in Ukraine? How do they choose dedicated developers who meet and exceed their expectations?
Top talent in the world for half the price: Ukrainian dedicated developers are nailing it
A detailed breakdown of Ukrainian IT outsourcing companies would go far beyond the scope of this overview article.
Here is a quick glimpse at the Ukrainian IT sector’s achievements so far:
- The Global Programming Olympics proves that Ukrainian developers are best in the domain of digital security.
- Multiple cryptocurrency and blockchain-related startups keep growing in Ukraine, including the renowned Hacken security audit service.
- Numerous international IT company offices (both nearshore and offshore) work in Ukraine, e.g., Japanese GlobalLogic, German Luxoft, Polish Proziff and many others.
- Non-IT companies outsource their development activities to Ukraine: “100+ Fortune 500 companies built their teams of Ukrainian IT specialists”, according to Beetroot’s 2021 Tech Market Report.
- The other domains of proficiency include but are not limited to automotive, robotics, healthcare applications, embedded systems, AI/ML, and IoT.
- The more general occupations, such as website and mobile app development are well-represented, too.
Locating the right team of dedicated developers is stressful and time-consuming…
Or it only seems that way, just before you start.
The solid foundation of every project is its long-term vision backed up by realistic time-bound planning. Even though “a hunch” is a powerful drive in business, it still has to be tested against the market conditions, so there is no way around it: perform the market research, fill the product backlog, and compile a list of essential features that must make it into the MVP.
The abovementioned step must precede the candidate outsourcing company interviews.
The fastests way to find your first candidate is to follow a reference of a trusted friendly organization if possible. Otherwise…
The Clutch catalog has a list of Ukrainian IT outsourcing companies of all kinds, including portfolio cases and the corresponding client reviews. It is advisable to use advanced search filters while looking for a perfect candidate because manually going through over 400 companies can be daunting!
Searching for relevant portfolio cases on the web can do the trick as well.
It is also important to estimate the IT outsourcing expenditures, preferably prior to the interviewing stage.
Finally, as soon as only a handful of suitable candidates have been selected, proceed with the interviews, legal agreements, and the start of cooperation.
Cooperation approach overview
It is easy to get lost in the definitions of various types of outsourcing so here is a key takeaway:
it is possible to negotiate whatever form of cooperation you find comfortable if it doesn’t fit a distinct category.
- Outsourcing in general refers to delegating a task to a remote third-party team. It also refers to turnkey project development from scratch.
- Outstaffing involves outsourcing human resource management and upkeep.
- Staff augmentation stands for hiring at least one remote developer to work on par with the core team (either handling atomic assignments, independently developing a component, or closely collaborating with them).
- Hiring a dedicated team, predictably, like staff augmentation on a bigger scale. The remote team in question can either develop end-to-end solutions or collaborate with the core team depending on the project scope.
Ready to get to know your first Ukrainian team?
Voypost, for instance, adopted an innovative approach in software development outsourcing: they provide the maximum flexibility to their clients in terms of the payment model, team size, further collaboration, and the possibility to hire a developer previously assigned to their project as a part of their team.
The choice of the fundamentally different cooperation approaches (outstaffing, staff augmentation, dedicated development team, outsourcing) ultimately depends on a given client’s business goals, of course.
The founder and Chief Executive Officer of Voypost, Nikita Sviridenko, will personally offer your company representative a suitable form of cooperation during a 30-minute introduction call.
Nikita will share his own experience as a startup founder if necessary and share some technical advice as an engineer with 12 years of software development behind his back.